The winds of change just never stop blowing . It appears that beginning October 1, 2014 Publix will be making some changes to their coupon policy (there will be a grace period until Oct 18 to give us time to adjust). There are not any huge changes but they are finally imposing a limit on coupons – which is still quite liberal at 8 of the same coupon per day per person. This should keep the shelves a little more full for those of us who seem to always find them wiped clean.
The changes have been underlined and highlighted…
- We only accept coupons on identical items we sell.
- We accept a manuf and either a Publix store coupon or competitor coupon on the same item. Maximum 2 coupons per item
- Manuf digital offers can not be combined with manuf paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percentage off items or percentage off total order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determines to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details .
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. All coupons must be originals.
- For BOGO offers, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day per household.
- Managers approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.
- Dollar off total order coupons will be limited to one Publix coupon and one competitor coupon per day per household. The total order before coupon must be equal to or greater than combined purchase requirement indicated on the coupons presented. We consider competitor coupons for a dollar off groups of items to be dollar off total order coupons and will only allow one per day per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of the transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
New Rain Check policy…
- We will only issue one rain check per day per household for an item.
- We will not issue rainchecks for Publix, manuf or competitor coupons