This is one of my absolute favorite treats to make and the best part is that it is super easy to do – you can take the “from scratch” route but if you don’t have time then there is a really easy way around it
You can make this all from scratch or you can simply use brownie mix and cookie dough, the choice is yours.
Pre-heat oven to 325. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or grease well.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Combine melted butter, sugar, salt and cocoa powder until well mixed (the mixture will appear gritty). Add the vanilla followed by the eggs and mix well. Add the flour (and nuts if you choose to) and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into your lined baking pan and set aside.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In another bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Slowly add the flour mixture and add chocolate chips. Drop several spoonfuls of the cookie dough into the baking dish until evenly dispersed throughout the brownie mixture. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean. The brownies will need to cool completely and can even be put in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies – the Easy Way
IF you want to skip all that homemade goodness above, then here is your cheat Good ole’ Betty Crocker to the rescue! Just follow the instructions on the box and you will be all caught up to this point. I have made them both ways and I think they are delicious either way. This mix does not have nuts in it so if you wanted nuts in your brownies you will have to add them. No matter the method you choose, make sure the brownies are nice and cool before you continue with the rest of this.
- 2 blocks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients and mix until creamy. Once the brownies have cooled you will spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the entire brownie.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of confectioners sugar
- Whip the cream until peaks are just beginning to form. Add vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Do not over-beat mixture. Cover the cheesecake with the whipped cream.
For this recipe I chopped 1/4 cup of each milk chocolate and white chocolate chips and sprinkled over the top. You could also use shaved chocolate or chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving, can be refrigerated overnight.
If you have lined your dish with parchment paper you will be able to just pull the entire thing out and cut it into bars. If you have only greased your dish then you will have to serve this out of the dish.
You cannot go wrong with these – make sure to Pin these little bites of yumminess here so you don’t forget the recipe. You can also follow the Best of Real Housewives Clip Coupons on Pinterest here!